DEADLINE EXTENDED: 20 FEBRUARY 2020
Take the survey now: http://bit.ly/SheSaysCTSurvey2019
Please note: one representative of each agency may take part to anonymously share numbers by rank and department.
SheSays Cape Town has partnered with Kantar, the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company, to conduct the first-ever gender diversity survey in South Africa’s advertising and marketing sector.
Women empowerment, gender representation and diversity are some of the key issues that have been trending recently and many brands and companies have joined the movement. However, figures indicate that the movement may have stalled within business: In South Africa, statics show that 46% of people entering the workplace are women, but only 7% of executive board directors are female. Within the advertising sector, we still don’t have any figures on female representation, which is what motivated SheSays to step in and conduct an industry wide survey.
“Our aim with this survey is to engage the local industry regarding the improvement of gender representation and diversity within the creative sectors. Advertising informs societal views and if the people behind these advertising campaigns are not representative of society, these views are skewed,” Anelde Greeff, SheSays Director explains.
Johannie van As, SheSays Director, adds, “This survey is not only a first in South Africa, but also a first for SheSays across the globe. As an organisation committed to empowering, educating and advancing women in creative industries, it’s vital to understand the actual state of affairs and measure our progress.
“We hope that this annual survey will put us right up there with the wonderful work being done by Creative Equals in the UK and The 3% Movement in the USA.”
- Agencies can pledge their support for this cause by taking part in the survey.
- One representative of each agency may take part to anonymously share numbers by rank and department.
- All participant agencies will remain anonymous and data will only be reported in an aggregated format.
- The online survey will be distributed via email to selected agency representatives, and will run from 1 to 30 November 2019.
- To take part, send an email to email@example.com
- The much-anticipated results will be announced in March 2020.
IN THE NEWS: