February 8th, 2019
2019 the year ahead
2018 has been an amazing year for us. There were many incredible moments and here are some highlights:
– Partnerships with giant likes Google but also small initiatives with women-owned studios like Quirk Creative, FranK&Lively, WongDoody.
– The launch of a podcast in partnership with The Drum.
– Partnership with Creative Equals for courses and the massively successful ‘Create Your Future’ conference.
– The second year of VOWSS – Voice of a Woman and SheSays -a film festival to recognize women in film.
– Being part of Women in IT awards.
– 8 new chapters including Manila, Munich, Cape Town, Atlanta and Halifax.
– 5000 new members and growing.
– And the launch of BOOM – a free career advice tool showcasing the collective knowledge of all our speakers.
Our plan for 2019 is to make SheSays even more helpful. This means we’ll focus our efforts on truly advocating for women. The first step was to build BOOM because it’s a site where we give free career advice and put women in touch with our massive pool of talented speakers. But this year we’ll also revamp our mentorship scheme WYMM. And there is one more big surprise we are preparing for all of you… but we’ll just keep you hanging for now.
photo credit Mikito Tatesi via Unsplash.com